Briefly about Spain

Spain is a picturesque and colorful country visited by millions of tourists. In addition to white sand beaches, Spain is famous for its palaces, castles, luxurious architecture, fabulous parks and gourmet food.

Ethnic composition
Spanish, Catalan,
Galician, Basque
Spanish or Castilian
47.3 million
Internet speed
134 Mbps
State system
Constitutional Monarchy


  • Royal Palace (Madrid)
  • Cibeles Fountain (Madrid)
  • Prado Museum (Madrid)
  • Sagrada Familia (Barcelona)
  • Picasso Museum (Barcelona)
  • Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (Barcelona)
  • Temple of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (Barcelona)

The Climate

The climate in Spain is subtropical. Summer is hot, with a temperature of +40. And winter is warm, with a temperature of +4. The holiday season is from May to October.

Religions in Spain


The Medicine

In Spain, medicine is expensive, so to visit a public clinic you need to have a social security card (tarjeta SIP) for free treatment. The average price for emergency care is 200€. Doctor’s consultation – 100€.

National cuisine

Spanish cuisine has everything, as it has absorbed the national dishes of the Greeks, Romans, Italians and Arabs. The most popular dishes are jamon, gazpacho and paella.

The main products that the Spaniards use in cooking are rice, meat, fish, seafood and vegetables, and they also love to add garlic to dishes.


The average salary in the country is about 2.700$. Salaries for Middle Software Engineers are in the range of $4.000 per month.


Taxes for individuals in Spain are:

up 12700$19%
12700$ tо 20600$24%
20600$ tо 35900$30%
35900$ tо 61100$37%
61100$ tо 305700$45%
305700$ and above47%



Food in an inexpensive restaurant$11
Lunch for 2 people, a middle-class restaurant with three courses$40
Combo lunch at McDonalds$8


Milk (1 liter)$0.8
Eggs (10 pcs)$1.5


One way ticket (city transport)$1.4
Taxi (price per 1 kilometer)$1.1
Petrol (1 liter)$1.5


Hotel 2-3*$17/day
Hotel 4-5*$29/day

Housing prices in Spain per month

Rent a modest housing or room$686 / month
Renting an apartment or a room in a good hotel$1.200 / month

Digital Nomad Visa

Spain is currently developing a digital nomad visa. It is already known that such a visa will make it possible to live and work in Spain from 6 to 12 months without a residence permit, with the possibility of extending the visa. While the digital nomad visa is in development, Spain also has other eligible visas.

Visa Freelance

Visa Freelance (autonomo) – gives the right to remote work and residence in Spain for 1 year with the possibility of extension. To obtain a visa, you need to contact the Spanish embassy or consulate in your country.

To apply for Autonomo Visa you need:

  • Passport and its copy
  • Document of non-conviction for the last 5 years
  • Completed and signed application form ЕХ-07
  • Academic and professional certificates that testify to the qualifications of running a business.
  • Documents confirming the availability of funds of at least 1130 € per month.
  • Medical certificate confirming the absence of serious illnesses
  • Medical policy covering all medical expenses
  • A business plan approved by one of the organizations approved by the Spanish government.

Upon arrival in Spain, within 30 days you need to do:

  • Residence
  • Register for social services RETA (régimen especial para trabajadores autónomos) provisión.
  • Register your taxpayer identification number (NIE).
  • To register with the tax office, for this you need to fill out the norms form 030, Modelo 036 and 037.
  • Open a bank account in Spain
  • Obtain a “licencia de apertura” license for Freelance Business.

Visa-free regime

Visa-free regime for 30 days for countries such as:

Indonesia, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Maldives, Philippines, Tajikistan, Thailand, Belarus, Dominican Republic.

Visa-free regime 90 days for:

Albania, Argentina, Guatemala, Haiti, Japan, Kiribati, South Korea, Mauritius, Moldova, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Palau, Paraguay, Peru, Qatar, Saint Lucia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Turkey , Ukraine, UAE, USA, Uruguay, Venezuela, Albania, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic.

Visa regime of your country with Spain can be checked on Wiki

To enter without a visa you need:

  • Biometric international passport
  • Documents confirming a sufficient amount of money (minimum $50 per day).
  • Paid accommodation reservation
  • Medical insurance
  • Any documents (if any) that confirm the relevance and purpose of your visit.
  • Paid return ticket

The Schengen visa

For those who do not have access to a visa-free regime with the EU, you can get a Schengen visa (Tourist visa). It is issued for 90 days, with the ability to visit other Schengen countries. To apply for a visa, you need to contact the embassy, consulate or visa application center in your country.

To apply for a Schengen visa you need:

  • Fill in the form 
  • Biometric photo – 2 pcs
  • Valid passport with blank page
  • Copy of the passport
  • Paid round trip or third country flight bookings
  • Honey. insurance for all countries of the Schengen area in the amount of at least €30,000  and with a duration of at least 7 day
  • If your trip will be financed by another person, you need to provide a letter of financial support, as well as his bank statement.
  • Proof of accommodation, this can be a hotel / accommodation reservation or an invitation letter (the confirmation must contain the address, period of stay and contact details).
  • Proof of employment and bank statement for the last 6 months.
  • Visa fee – €80.

Consideration of a short-term visa lasts up to 10 working days.

Before entering Spain, you must complete the online health form “FCS”. You can fill out the form on the Spanish Medical Control website.

Similar Posts